Monday, July 31, 2006

Beethoven In Trance - Episode 10

Moving is not fun.

Finally, we moved into the new house last Saturday. The weather was good, sunshine all the way, only too hot though. I got sick after couple hours moving stuff around and decided to sit in the shade and take a break. Thanks to my old friend from Columbus and her husband, also my young fellow friend from India, I was able to enjoy the break while they were jumping up and down moving mountains of our stuff.

Exhausted afterwards of course, took 10 hours of sleep and woke up (well got waken up by the lawn mower) on Sunday morning in the new house. Decided to join this 'sunday morning club' and started with weekwacker to trim the yard. It worked out all right (at least I thought it was). Then pulled the lawn mower couple times only didn't get an response from it. Couple more pulls, only found out the pulling cord got ripped on the outside, and inside strings exposed. The outside layer was jammed in the machine, and I couldn't even pull it any more. Pause, look, then think. Took out my power tool, undrill some screws, then took the jammed part of the layer out. Tied the cord so that it won't jam the machine again. Couple more pulls, the machine went back to work. Need to replace the filter and add some gas though...

Next, roof climbing.

Got on the garage roof, duck taped the seam where rain is coming in. The ladder we bought came in very handy. Cut some tree branches while I was on the ladder, then moved the ladder to the front of the house, clean the gutter again. And patched a piece of roof chingle at the drop of one roof end. Cut more branches with a jag saw.

Got back on ground finally, and decided to clean the garage.

Man, that garage is dirty. I doubted anyone clean it in the last 3 years.

Well, took out my gaugle, and mask. Started to clean the inside of the garage with the broom and fixed the garage censor while I was cleaning. Then, use water spray gun wash the floor, and brush the water into the drain. Still, the floor is not clean, but I doubt if I will clean it again any time soon.

Finish working in the garage, then go back to the apartment to clear out some left over stuff, and clean it before turning in the keys. Replaced the kitchen light bulb, bathroom light bulb, windows screen, patio door screen. Cleaned the bathroom. Vaccum the floor. Moved some more boxes of stuff into our car then drove back room to unload...

Back to the new house again.

And started to tape the bathroom tub wall, as it's damaged by water, and we needed to take a shower. So, used up the left over duck tape (used previously for the garage roof), plus some masking tape and plastic wrap, I taped the wall, and had a shower.
1:00 in the morning, we finally went to bed.

7:30am, alarm sounded. Realized right away my body took the toll of yesterday's work as I Felt like my whole body is breaking apart. Drag myself up, go to work.

Noon, went back to apartment to pick up the last couple stuff left in the apartment and dropped off the key. Said good bye to the apartment, and hope that they will return my deposite.

And did I mention it's hot outside today?

Basement is still wet. The agent dropped by on Saturday (when we were moving in), and looked at the wet basement. He wears me out. He said he would pursue this, and said he would check the city record for this house to see if the previous owner did something to the basement before to prove that the previous owner was lying when saying 'no water problem in the basement'. Also he suggested talking to legal professional for advice. He is a sales person I understand that, when the sales went throgh, his job was done. I don't see any more reason he needed to follow up this sales only we haven't filled out a customer satisfaction form sent to us by his company. Don't really know what to say on the form, and as a matter of fact, didn't have the time to even look at it. I have better things to do. I will recommend him with reservation.

The other friend of ours who also bought a house recently came to help Saturday too (remember the guy called out of blue and said they bought a house). Well, I still don't know how they came up with the money, and as a matter of fact, I don't know how they came up with that MUCH money when they told us that their house is $70K more than ours. Well, I don't know what to say.

So, we moved in on Saturday. We cleaned the garage, fixed the garage door sensor, patched the bathroom wall, duck taped the garage roof, mowed the lawn, fixed the lawn mower after breaking it, clean the gutter, cut the tree branches, clean the apartment room, moved more boxes on Sunday. Monday noon I am sitting in my cube now with my whole body aching writing the blog.

Will have a meeting this afternoon. Can't wait to go back home to sleep. But wait, need to clean the range first, and the cupboard, the kitchen floor... I don't need to do laudry though, my girl's duty.

Looking at the whole basement of our stuff, I said, it's gonna take some time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home