Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Beethoven In Trance - Episode 3

Regrout.

Just finished the forecast commentary and ready to send over to the boss for review. Take some time here to think about regrout that I am going to finish tonight.

Lunch was good, beef is not tender though. I always have trouble stir frying beef strips tender, like ones in restraurant. Not sure how they marinade the beef... maybe I better not knowing it...
other than the texture, the flavor is all right, a straightforward onion soy sauce stir fry dish.

If owning a house is as easy as cooking, I will be much happier. Haven't got much time cooking lately, many cook books just sit there after being taken from library.

Speak of library, it's a wonderful place. You can check out almost everything you need, DVD, CD, books, magazine. And you can reserve the book and DVD online, and pick up later. Smells like Bestbuy... only it's free.

Call the floor guy, and heard that they don't have a warranty for the service, hum... that sounds interesting, what am I going to do if anything goes wrong after the job is done? Suddenly warranty becomes very important, a concept that a typical chinese doesn't develop back in home. Now, everything here is backed with warranty (of course, it might no get you very far either), but still a piece of paper saying 'we garantee blah, blah, blah, might give you a peace of mind after you spend that much $.

Got my moving boxes here, I don't need that many though, I am just a entry level staff here and I really don't have much to move over to the new department. Why not take those boxes home for my house moving? Hey that's a great idea! Wait, will the guard stops me at the door??? Why they didn't just drop off that many boxes of money ???

Need to figure out what color to use to paint the house, and need to get it done before floor guys come over to sand the floor, and need to give the paint enough time to dry, so the dust from sanding floor will not dirty the wall again. Hum... how am I going to do that? Why I pulled out the carpet at the first place? it was fairly new, but I just don't like the color. It's a dark, brownish color best for people aged 50+. I am not that old.. yet. But, have to suck it up leaving the carpet upstairs because of $ shortage.

Sometimes I wonder when I can start to enjoy the house instead of worrying about it. Hope soon.

Will have the mid year performance evaluation this afternoon. Don't know (or don't care) what my boss says as I am moving to another department. I didn't even know there is gonna be a mid year performance evaluation... maybe I just forogt... anyway, will let you know what happens.

1 Comments:

Blogger Angie Pansey said...

Amen Chef Chinglish!

6:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home