Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Beethoven In Trance - Episode 6

gunstock.

When it comes to refinishing floor, the most difficutl part is picking the color, espeically when one of your family members has strong opinion about it.

It seems we were able to come to an agreement on the color 'Gunstock' due to it's warm reddish tone. Therefore, gunstock it is. Hopefully, after three coats of polyurthene, the color won't change.

Well, at least one project is moving forward.

My seat is next to an main isle. I can hear people talking loud and clear. Quite a distraction from time to time, but I guess I will get use to it. When I have more responsiblities, I won't even care to listen to it.

Two more weeks to move to the new house. That's exciting. Need to start packing this weekend, hopefull the floor will be done by the end of the week.

Other exciting news including potential 'meet the parents' this September. We will see how the visa application goes. We will see...

A friend just called last night. They bought a house too. Wow, that's why American's think Chinese are unbelievable creatures. Chinese buy houses just like that. No warning, no indication, one day you pick up the phone, and the chinese on the other line tells you that they bought a house. Suprise. How did they come up with that much money, I wonder. Listen who is talking, I guess some American friends of mine are also wondering how I came up with that much money to buy our house...

Good question though, where is the money from? No movie date, restaurant, fancy clothe, V6 car, or buying only stuff on sale? Maybe. Savings should not be able to get you very far in short time to afford a house though. Well, anyway, everyone has its own way to make through life, just wish them best luck.

Haven't been running for quite a while. Not like last year, when I just started the job, and moved into an apartment. Life was simple at that time for a while (excluding the challenges at work). Well, let me correct myself, life is never simple, there is always something... it just depends on how you look at it.

Almost August, summer is slowly going away. We didn't go anywhere this summer, come to think of it. Well, we are busy. New house, new job, everything needs to be done.

Still don't know what to do about the bathroom wall where the water damage is. Cement board is too large to fit in my car, might just hire a guy to do it professonally. The referral information never came through from our neighbor. Guess, I have to knock on the door to ask for it.
And also the garage roof. Please don't rain for a while, I need to get someone to fix it. Then it comes to the decision of replacing the whole six beams or only one beam. I need to ask someone... well, all the friends who I can seek advice from might have already been sick of hearing my voice over the phone... not sure if I want to push the envolope much more, but do I have a choice?

1 Comments:

Blogger Abi said...

Good luck with your new house when you move in :) Send some photos too.

3:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home