Monday, July 24, 2006

Beethoven In Trance - Episode 8

Life and death.

Monday has always been a special day for most of the working people. You come to the office, browse your email while sipping your coffee. Try to remember where you left last week and start to schedule what you need to do this week.

Then you see this email. One lady in my current department just delievered a baby over the last weekend. Great news. Life is wonderful especially when you look at the baby's picture. Nice close the email and move on to the next one - subjected 'Taking Time Off' from the manager of my previous manager. Hum... he is taking time off again, where is he going this time?

Open the email and realized this email is forwarded. It's from my previous manager. His father just pasted away. Sad news.

Pause. Think. Then sent an email to the two girs left in that department telling them to call me if they have any question. Not sure if I sounded appropriate. Hope they realized that I was offering my help (which they might think is not much). But, did what I have to do.

One life's end is another one's beginning...

Two ladies just pasted by the isle, and one said 'well, I am not much a coupon person'. Well, that depends on how do you want to spend your money lady!

Anyway, this is quite a Monday morning.

Some friend called and told me that they wanted to smash a cake on someone's face on his birthday this weekend after we move in the new house. Errrrr, not sure if it's the right time (or place) to do that when I just refinish the floor, and stack bunch of boxes all around. How about doing that on the patio? Hum.. that sounds ok, but eventually they need to go to bathroom to clean up right? Then they will have to pass the new floor... not sure I want them to do that either... Plus, where I can get strength to put a cake on someone's face after I move in? Kids!

Need to trim the trees, mow the lawn, call the roof guy for repairing, call the door guy to replace doors. call the cable company to cancel service. Call the apartment to update address. Call, call, call.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home