Thursday, September 13, 2007

Beethoven In Trance - Episode 31

The company just launched a re-org. Everyone is getting anxious. Got a call from another chinese guy working here asking about how the situation here is. Well, it seems all right so far. The big boss left for another group to lead, and mid-managers seem to be save and sound. Still heard them laughing all loud around 5:45pm when most of the low ranks are left... I had to stay in the last two days because some work needs to be done.

Re-org is nothing new to me, back in China I experienced one, and as I was young at that time, I didn't really care much about it. I still don't care that much about it even the fact that I have much more to loose at the age of 31. Well, I am working as a analyst at the lowest rank. Chop me loose won't save the company a penny as it pays me dirt.

There are people in the company who are worrying though... higher ranks or employees who lost the position just because the department no longer is needed in the company. They lost their life dependings over night, and desperatly search for another nest to move on to with their lives. Some of the high ranks are not that worried, as they can find jobs with their extensive background. Those middle ones will have some tough time. But eventually, if you suck it up, you should always find something to put food on the table.

The Tech team in the group is funny. They are 'I will talk to you when I talk to you' kind of people. They won't greet you when they see you in the isle only look away. But they will talk to you when they need to talk to you or they have to talk to you.

A dear friend's sister is sick, she has been in treatment for a while and so far no conclusive decision is made. Her husband is drawning too. Life is not easy, challenges people every time when they are not prepared. Healthy is number one priority, there is no point to make tons of money when you can't enjoy them.

Finally mailed out the check to TradeKing for my RothIRA this morning. Will make the contribution as soon as it's received and progress on retirement planning.

It's getting cold now. 3/4 of the year is gone, and looking back, there are a lot of things not moving forward. Glad to see the doors are installed and painted though. But the garage roof is still leaking like a waterfall. The basement seems to leak lesser this year, as we didn't have much rain storm as we did last year. I put it a drain mesh into the bathtub to catch hair and it worked well, not sure if that has anything to do with the basement leaking...

The theme of 2006 was 'A year of new', and the 2007 theme was supposed to be 'A step further' as many things need to be build on the new ground laid in 2006. Financial planning is still the major project left on the list. At this year end, we need to a formal year end review to see where we are at and where we are heading.

We will go to New Mexico for ballon festival this October. Before that, I will need to crank up some work here...

A freind sent me an email asking four places I rather be now, my answer is Shanghai, Hongkong, Japan, Europe. Speaking of Shanghai, I got the group picture they took in the recent middle school reunion. I can't recognize 2/3 of them. I either lost their names, or lost their faces.
Since we don't have the travel document, we will have to stay put for now. I do want to go back home soon as so much has changed. I am really anxious to see the place where I once dreamed about leaving, and now coming back. My friends were there, and I miss them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home