Sunday, December 31, 2006

Beethoven In Trance - Episode 23

Night before 2007.

Just sent off her brother and sister-in-law back to Canada early this morning (talking about 5am here). Came back and slept couple more hours. Got up, had a bowl of noodle (bad idea, but couldn't turn down the offer from inlaws - another long story). Spent the rest of the morning and noon cleaning up the kitchen. The countertop, the stove, the kitchen floor. My kitchen must be clean!

Went out for a run in the afternoon despite the rain. It was a good run. Not much people in the park. Air was humid and cool. Finished it just before another downpull.

Called my friend, and asked him about new year resolution. 'Stay healthy' he replied. What is my new year resolution? That's a good question. I haven't asked myself yet.

Looking into 2007, what is in it?

Well, we have a garage roof to fix, a wet basement to deal with, a garden to put down, a lawn of weed to kill, and an arguement of whether or not to move the tree in front of house to win, a busy schedule at work, and, to make things more interesting, in laws are going to be with us for 5 month.

It sounds like a busy year. Well, speaking of busy, last week was an example too.

In the last week, we rent a SUV, drove to PA for shopping, bought two gigantic lobster, deep fried three packs of frozen blue crab, opened three bottle of wines and finished two bottles of them (one of them was opened only to show in laws that I was not trying to save it for myself instead of sharing with everyone), finished another bottle of champaign, boned a pack of chicken thigh, bought 10 pounds of ground pork (are you nuts?), seasoned wok over and over again (and in laws kept cleaning it again and again), cleaned the kitchen like maniac almost every night. Slept on the sofa bed and didn't went into sleep a single day.

Forgot where did I heard it from, it was talking about people get involved into more relationships over time. The relationship with neighbor when you move into a new house, relationship with in laws when get married, in my case. These are the new experiences that I haven't really spent time thinking about it.

But, we are talking about 2007, right. Before we say good bye to 2006, let's see what happened in this good year.

In 2006,
I was transferred to a better department at work,
we bought a new car,
we bought a house, which has problems
we got married,
we finished our first half marathon in Vegas,
we went to Disney World with my mom,
I got smashed by cake on the face again on birthday,
we finished our 5k 'run for the cure' again in Cleveland with a better record,
my wife got a new and better position,
we got billed $500+ for not cleaning up the carpet in the apartment,
we still don't have the paycheck from our friend who bought our car,
my wife lost her cell phone, and we are still looking for a new one,
we didn't spend a dime on slot machine in Vegas
mortgage rate is going down,
and things that I forgot already

So, in 2007 my resolution might look like,
get a better pay,
fixed the problems in the house,
not get smashed my cake again at birthday,
finished 'run for the cure' with a better record again,
get the check from our friend who owes us money,
found a new cell phone for my wife,
run a marathon,
and not to forget so many things,

2007 ...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jiayu said...

Hello "country boy" who used to have some edge :P. seems you enjoyed your live there pretty much. Good to know. If you ask me, it is not necessary to ask yourself life has became better or worse, pursuit of happness is human nature, just stick to your own, ignore the fact you are not the same markie as 10 years before.

Greetings from Bologna Italy, I will be spending the new year in Paris with my girlfriend, may all your wishes came true in 2007.(get a bigger house in case i can come visit you in the future)

10:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home