Sunday, September 09, 2007

Beethoven In Trance - Episode 30

Sunday night.
Iron chef just finished with Mario Batalli victory over the challenger (who is supposed to be the best chef in New York) in the battle Parmasan Regiano. It wasn't a much exciting battle. Speaking of Mario Battali, saw a 4qt. enameled cast iron saucier in TjMaxx today for $25. It's good deal, but I just can't think of a dish calling for this pot, so I skipped it.

Didn't get much good deals on pots and pans lately. Saw some All Clad 12" fry pans in Tj Maxx couple times, but the construction didn't impress me with the price tag of $99. More and more Le Cruest are now available there too, but all are seconds and expensive.

Got a chopping board though from there the other day, $19, made in Thailand, edge grain, and thick construction. Got a Sabatier knife for $5 too, made in China. Used it on the chopping board, feeling board is tough even with my sharpened knife.

Finally, the 4 qt. pressure cooker I got from LNT for $25, and there is a $10 MIR I need to send out tomorrow, so final price will me $15. Good deal. It's a stainless steel cooker with aluminum sandwich bottom. I have used it for red wine beef short rib, pork neck bone soup and red cook pork shoulder country style rib. All dishes are done with one hour. The pot does the job, but still a little too small for me. Still looking for a 8qt. model...

Planning one the trip to to New Mexico for the ballon festival. We will travel with in-laws this time. It needs some planning, plane, car, hotel, and parking. We will drop by Colorado Spring and visit Santa Fe along the way.

Opened RothIRA account but haven't funded it yet. Will need to do that next week. Another account needs to be opened for the after tax investment.

My knee injurery seems to get better, I will do some running tomorrow. Hope to be able to run a marathon in Hawaii next year...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home