Monday, April 28, 2008

Beethoven In Trance - Episode 44

Interviews are over.

Finally.

Just finished the last interview this afternoon with one of the hiring managers in the group, and how do I feel? Not good.

As a matter of fact. It was not good at all.

First two rounds of interviews were done on last Thursday. It was a brutal experience because all three of them asked me the same question: what will your manager say about me? Well, is that a good question...

I wasn't fully prepared for that question, and guess what I did when I was asked by this straight forward manner. I told the truth. It's not a bad thing to tell the truth, but sometimes, truth is hard to swallow. I could the sense the intensity in the air when I told them that I made mistakes before, and my manager is aware of that. I was so eager to turn around this 'Kodak moment' and I ended up saying more than I should. You can guess the rest...

So, I came back on Thursday and thought I could save the day today with the last hiring manager. Well, I was wrong. They changed the questions and I could tell, he already heard about my 'situation'. What I prepared for the interview was not used, and I ended up not saying what I should be saying...

All because of the voice in my head 'you have quality issue, you have quality issue'. ..

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home